Many customers ask me about faceup aftercare. There are a number of things you can do to prolong the life of your faceup for years to come!
For any other specific questions, please email me and I will do my best to answer you fully!
- Touch the faceup as little as possible. Finger oils will break down the sealant over time and leave smudges.
- Do not leave your doll in direct sunlight. Even though the sealant I use has UV protection, yellowing and fading can occur over time.
- Keep sharp objects away from the doll. Even if they don’t chip the resin, they may leave scratch marks in the layers of pastel and sealant.
- For dirt that may get on the faceup, you may use a kneaded eraser or a magic eraser to gently buff the area.
- Wash your wigs before putting them on your doll, as extra dyes in them may stain the head.
- Keep your doll out of excessively humid/hot environments (room temperature is best).
- Always use a plastic face shield when transporting your doll.
- For fantasy parts or heavy body blushing, chipping is difficult to avoid, but it is possible! Try not to rub joints together when posing your doll, and try to limit clothing changes.
- If/when you choose to wipe the faceup, I recommend 100% pure, colorless acetone.
- See how I remove faceups here: VIDEO LINK